Last updated: August 31, 2020
Ifcmilkencmp.org (the “Site”) is a joint offering of the International Finance Corporation (“IFC”), a member organization of the World Bank Group (“WBG”) and Milken Institute (collectively “us”, “we” or “our”). Information about IFC and its mission can be found at this link. Information about Milken Institute can be found at this link.
The Site is composed of two distinct domains: i. the public facing page (ifcmilkencmp.org) and ii. the password protected alumni portal (alumni.ifcmilkencmp.org).
We are strongly committed to protecting privacy. Please review this Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) for an explanation of our privacy practices for the Site. This Notice describes the Personal Data that we collect from users (“user” or “you”) who access or use the Site and how we use, share and protect that Personal Data. “Personal Data” is information that identifies or may be used to identify you as an individual.
Note, this Notice applies exclusively to the Site and does not apply to other websites, applications or practices owned or operated by either entity.
Acceptance of These Privacy Terms
BY USING THE SITE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE NOTICE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT. PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA CHANGES DURING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US.
We may update this Notice at any time. Changes to this Notice will be dated and will be effective from the date specified forward so that users are always aware of what personal data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. You are advised to check our Privacy Notice each time you visit the Site to identify and understand any changes made since your previous visit. If you visit the Site following the effective date of the revised Notice, you will be deemed to have accepted its updated terms.
- What Personal Data Do We Collect?
On the public facing page, we use automatic tracking technologies to collect analytics (number of visits, time spent etc.). We also may collect information on potential participants who apply to our program via the Smartsheet form.
For logged-in users of the alumni portal, we collect Personal Data about you and your interaction with the Site. We may collect Personal Data about you through: (A) information you provide; (B) automatic tracking technologies; and (C) third parties.
Personal Data You Provide
When you access the Site, you may choose to provide Personal Data about yourself such as your: name, address, email address, telephone number, job title, and company name. By way of example, you may choose to provide your information in the following circumstances:
- To register or otherwise access the Site or certain portions or features of the Site;
- Request support;
- Subscription or ordering newsletters and/or publications;
- Submission of your resume, work history, or other similar information;
- Participation in bulletin boards, discussion, or message forums;
- Entering quick surveys, quizzes or benchmarking surveys;
- Registration for events and conferences;
- Contacting us for further information;
- Visiting our sites while logged into a Social Media platform; or
- Applying to the capital markets program.
Automatically Collected Personal Data
We may use online identification technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, or pixels on some pages of our Site (“Tracking Technologies”). The information we collect using these technologies includes: your IP addresses, browser type and language, access time, and referring website. Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your device that assist us in providing a more customized website experience. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information in a website area so that its user does not need to re-enter it on subsequent visits. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it (for more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org). We may also use Tracking Technologies from marketing partners, third party sites, and social media platforms. We use these Tracking Technologies to understand how visitors navigate to our Site from others, compile aggregated statistics about visitors who interact with our content, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
We may also use website analytics providers such as Google Analytics, which may set cookies in your browser. Site activity information collected by these analytics providers may be combined with Personal Data held by us.
When we send you emails, we may use technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and whether the links contained within the message have been clicked on. We may combine information collected through these means with other information we maintain about you in order to measure interest in our specific offerings and email campaigns, improve our offerings to specific target audiences, and tailor our interactions with you.
- How Do We Use the Personal Data We Collect?
We may use the Personal Data that we collect about you for any or all of the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries, such as to answer your questions sent through [the “Contact” form on the Site or “Apply to the program” Smartsheet form on the Site];
- To communicate with you regarding our events, resources or services that may be available to you;
- To customize the Site for you by, for example, not having to enter information like your address more than once or to help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests;
- For our business purposes, such as to help us explore ways to improve our products and services, to help us improve the Site, or to help us create Site content areas most relevant to you, including by requesting feedback, and for related internal purposes such as data analysis, legal analysis, audits, enhancing the Site, and identifying usage trends;
- To help us operate and improve the Site, such as by analyzing Site visitor trends, including usage of certain pages or functions on the Site;
- To protect against fraud, spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks; and
- To maintain and improve the safety and security of the Site.
III. With Whom Do We Share the Personal Data We Collect?
We may share the Personal Data that we collect about you as follows:
- World Bank Group Entities. To fulfill IFC’s mission as stated in its Articles of Agreement, IFC may share Personal Data with other World Bank Group organizations.
- Milken Institute. a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution, organized and existing under the laws of the State of California, United States of America.
- Service Providers. We share Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as those entities that assist us with technology, data analysis, or similar services. We do not share Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes, except for purposes set forth below.
- Potential Sponsors and Partners to the Program. A list of sponsors and providers can be found here.
- Events and Publications. We may also share Personal Data with co-sponsors of our events and publications related to the Site.
- Remedies and Enforcement. We may use or disclose Personal Data as we believe to be appropriate in the following circumstances: (i) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Notice; (ii) to protect and defend our rights and property; (iii) to protect the interests of either entity or others; and (iv) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- How Can You Manage Personal Data We Maintain?
If you would like to review, correct, update or remove Personal Data about you that you previously provided to us through the Site, you may submit new information by contacting Carole Biau (email@example.com), and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are not responsible for correcting, updating or deleting any information in the databases of third parties.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list or any registrations, we will provide instructions within the appropriate area of the Site or in communications to you; or you may contact us at: Carole Biau (email@example.com), firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Do We Protect and Maintain Personal Data Collected Through the Site?
- Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Please do not send us information you consider confidential via unencrypted e-mail. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and subject to appropriate contractual restrictions.
- Third Party Sites. This site may link to other websites which do not operate under our privacy practices. When you link to other websites, our privacy practices no longer apply.
VII. Use of the Site by Children. The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from any children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not submit any Personal Data to us.
VIII. International Transfers of Information. By using the Site, you are deemed to understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Data in the United States or elsewhere.